Sign in to download Office
1. From your Mac, sign in to your Athens State University email account.
2. On Services and Subscriptions, find the Office product you want to install and select Install.
Install Office 2016 on a Mac
1. Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg (the name might vary slightly).
Tip: If you see an error that says the Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, wait 10 seconds and then try double-clicking the installer package again. If you're stuck at the Verifying…. progress bar, close or cancel the progress bar and try again.
2. On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
3. Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
4. Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
5. Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue.
6. Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.
Note: If you want to only install specific Office apps and not the entire suite, click the Customize button and uncheck the programs you don't want.
7. Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click Install Software. (This is the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
8. The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished. If Office installation fails, see What to try if you can't install or activate Office 2016 for Mac.
Launch an Office for Mac app and start the activation process
1. Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock to display all of your apps.
2.Click the Microsoft Word icon in the Launchpad.
3. The What's New window opens automatically when you launch Word. Click Get Started to start activating. If you need help activating Office, see Activate Office for Mac. If Office activation fails, see What to try if you can't install or activate Office for Mac.