Sign in to Athens State email
1. From your Mac, navigate to the Athens State e-mail sign-in page.
2. Sign in with your Athens State University e-mail credentials.
3. After signing in to your email, locate and left-click on your account profile icon in the top right corner.
4. After left-clicking on your account profile icon, select My Account.
5. Locate and click on Office apps, located in the navigation key on the right-hand side.
6. Click on the Install Office button.
It is recommended you use Google Chrome as your browser to download and install Office. If you do not have Chrome browser downloaded, you can download it for free by simply clicking here.
1. The Office 365 download will appear in your Downloads folder and will automatically pop up when the download is complete and is ready to be installed. When this screen appears, locate and click on the Continue button in the bottom right corner of the installer screen.
2. Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
3. Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
4. Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue.
5. Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.
Note: If you want to only install specific Office apps and not the entire suite, click the Customize button and uncheck the programs you don't want.
6. Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click Install Software. (This is the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
7. The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished. If Office installation fails, see What to try if you can't install or activate Office 2016 for Mac.
Launch an Office for Mac app and start the activation process
1. Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock to display all of your apps.
2.Click the Microsoft Word icon in the Launchpad.
3. The What's New window opens automatically when you launch Word. Click Get Started to start activating. If you need help activating Office, see Activate Office for Mac. If Office activation fails, see What to try if you can't install or activate Office for Mac.