Blackboard calendar events can be pushed out to third party calendars (examples: Outlook and Google) through an iCalendar feed. Once the iCalendar feed is set up on a third party calendar, updates to events are automatically reflected on the third party calendar.
Blackboard Learn’s iCalendar feed’s refresh time is 4 hours, but the actual refresh rate will depend on the third party calendar being used. (Google, for example, checks more often than Outlook.)
1. Click the Calendar link under My Blackboard Tools
2. Below your list of calendar events click ICALENDAR Get External Calendar Link
3. Copy the URL with the .ics extension to use for the following instructions, provided by Blackboard.
- Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars
- Select Add by URL from the menu
- Enter the Blackboard Learn iCalendar URL in the field provided
- Click the Add Calendar button. The calendar will appear in the Other Calendars section of the calendar list to the left.
- In Account Settings choose the Internet Calendars tab.
- Click on New and Paste the iCalendar URL you copied from Blackboard Learn into the location and click Add.
- Select “Settings”
- Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Select “Add Account…” under “Accounts”
- Select “Other” at the bottom
- Select “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- Type the iCalendar URL. Select “Next”.
- Mail the iCalendar URL ending in .ics to the email account set up on your iPhone.
- Open the email on your phone and click the URL.
- iPhone recognizes the .ics extension as a calendar and prompts you to subscribe. Choose yes.