For existing availability settings, you can make exceptions for individual students or groups.
For example, on a test configured with only one attempt, you can allow more attempts:
This option is found under your Test Options in the TEST AVAILABILITY EXCEPTIONS module. The following exceptions are available to configure for each individual who requires accommodations:
- Number of attempts
- Force completion
- Make sure the Edit Mode is ON.
- On the content page where you deployed your test, click the test’s action link and select Edit the Test Options on the drop-down menu.
- The Test Options page displays. Scroll down to the Test Availability Exceptions section. Click the Add User or Group button.
- In the Add User or Group window, click a checkbox to select an option in the User or Group column and click the Submit button.
- The Test Options page displays with the Test Availability Exceptions section showing the selected user or group. If desired, select the number of Attempts you are allowing this group of students.
- To set a Time Limit or to Force Completion, first select these options in the Test Availability section on the Test Options page. Then, in Section 3, click the checkbox for the Timer and enter the number of minutes. If you want Blackboard to automatically submit the exam when time expires, click the Auto Submit checkbox.
- To set the Test Availability for the group, click the Availability icon. The date and time picker display. Select the dates and times, then click the Save button.
- If you want to force students to complete the test in one sitting, click the Force Completion checkbox.
- To delete an exception, click the red X. If you have multiple exceptions, click the Remove All Exceptions button above the exceptions area. Both deletions will display a confirmation window. Click the OK button.
- Click the Submit button to save your changes.