Here are some simple step-by-step instructions on how to take a screen shot of an error message, document etc.
On windows you will want to do the following:
1. Click the PrtScn button on your keyboard.
2. Then select the start button, and select All Programs then Accessories. Scroll down till you see the application Paint and click on it. If you cannot find it that way, when you select start you can just type Paint into the search bar.
3. Once you have opened up Paint you will click Ctrl, and V to paste the picture. You will then click the drop down arrow on the top left hand corner.
4. Click the Save as button, and name the file. You will then select where you would like to save the image, in documents, desktop etc.
5. If you are sending the screen shot in an email, you will log onto your email account and select New to type a new email. You will then click on the insert icon. Locate where you saved your image, then click Select. The image will appear in your email, and then you will select Send.
If you are using a Mac computer you will need to do the following steps.
1. Click Shift, Command and 3. The image will automatically be saved to your desktop.
2. If you are sending the screen shot in an email you will log onto your email account and select new to type a new email.
3. You will then select Computer, and then select Desktop. Select the image and click Choose. The image will then appear in your email, and then you will select Send.