- 1. Go to Folder Options via the Control Panel.
2. Click the View tab, and then, under Advanced settings choose to uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known file types.
3. Navigate to where file is located on the computer.
4. Right click on the file and choose Rename. Delete the .collab extension and type in .jnlp in its place. For example, meeting (28).collab will be meeting (28).jnlp. It will then ask you if you are sure you want to make that change and you will choose Yes.
5. It will show the .jnlp extension instead of the .collab extension for the file you decided to change.
1. Locate the .collab file on the computer and select it.
2. Bring up the information window by hitting Command and "I" key. Uncheck the Hide Extension option.
3. Change the extension from .collab to .jnlp
4. A dialog box will appear asking if you want to keep the old extension, .collab, or use the new one. .jnlp. choose to use the .jnlp option.
Once the file has a .jnlp as the extension you can launch the file using the computer's systems Java by double clicking on the file.