Loading a PowerPoint File
Content in various formats can be loaded into a web conferencing session. This guide specifically addresses ways to load a PowerPoint file to the Blackboard Collaborate Whiteboard.
Using the Load Content Button
The Load Content button is located in the upper right hand corner of the Moderator’s interface.
- Click the Load Content button.
- Locate the desired PowerPoint file - .ppt or .pptx
- Select the file and click Open. Wait for the PowerPoint file to be converted to the Whiteboard format.
- The Page Explorer will open automatically. Use the Page Explorer to navigate the pages or click the X in the upper right corner to close. Page navigation will be at the top of the Whiteboard.
- Load content
- Reorder pages
- Cut, copy, paste and delete pages
- Add new pages or page groups
- Access page properties
- Navigate pages
To load a PowerPoint file using the Page Explorer:
- Click the menu and select Show Page Explorer
- Right-click anywhere in the Page Explorer and select Open.
- Select the file use wish to load and click Open. PowerPoint, Image Files, Protected Whiteboard Files and Whiteboard Files can be loaded.
- Each slide will be represented by a page in the Page Explorer.
- Click and drag to reorder the pages.
- Right click for cut, copy, paste and delete.
The pages can be navigated from the Page Explorer or from the Whiteboard.
- Move sequentially forward page by page with the Navigation Buttons.
- Move to the page of your choice from the View Page Menu.
- PowerPoint must be closed before starting the loading process.
- In PowerPoint use a layout that includes the Title field. This will be recognized by Blackboard Collaborate and each Whiteboard Page will be named accordingly.