TechSmith Relay allows you to capture video on your phone and upload it to Relay for editing and submission to coursework at Athens State University. In order to use a phone to capture Relay videos, you need to have a Relay Account created and have your password setup so you can login to the system.
Relay Accounts are created in one of two ways:
- If you have ever watched a Relay Video through Blackboard, you automatically have an account created with your Athens State email account.
- If you have never watched a Relay Video through Blackboard, fill out this form to create an account.
Once your account is created, create a password and login for the first time using the Setting Up Your Relay Account (Students). Once you have successfully logged into the system the first time, use the below steps to create your first video on your mobile device:
Downloading the App and Connecting to TechSmith Relay:
- Download the TechSmith Fuse app onto your mobile device.
- Either select a video from your library or tap "Video" to record a short clip. Select a clip and click "Share" in the upper right hand corner.
- Select TechSmith Relay from the options.
- When a dialog box appears, click Connect to TechSmith Relay.
- An area on your screen will appear for a QR code to be scanned.
Getting the QR Code to Scan:
- Login to Relay at https://athens.techsmithrelay.com
- In the upper left-hand corner of the screen, click on "Create" and select "Connect Mobile Device". This will display the QR Code to scan with your phone.
- The selected clip should automatically appear in your TechSmith library and you may get an email stating it has uploaded.
- Future videos will automatically publish to your library when you select TechSmith Relay in in the TechSmith Fuse app. You should not have to scan the QR code again.
Once your videos are in your Relay library, you can edit, trim, move them into folders, and download them as needed.