TechSmith Knowmia allows you to capture video on your phone and upload it to Knowmia for editing and submission to coursework at Athens State University. In order to use a phone to capture Knowmia videos, you need to have a Knowmia Account created and have your password setup so you can login to the system.
Knowmia Accounts are created in one of two ways:
- If you have ever watched a Knowmia Video through Blackboard, you automatically have an account created with your Athens State email account.
- If you have never watched a Knowmia Video through Blackboard, fill out this form to create an account.
Once your account is created, create a password and login for the first time using the Setting Up Your Knowmia Account (Students). Once you have successfully logged into the system the first time, use the below steps to create your first video on your mobile device:
Downloading the App and Connecting to TechSmith Knowmia:
- Download the TechSmith Fuse app onto your mobile device.
- Either select a video from your library or tap "Video" to record a short clip. Select a clip and click "Share" in the upper right hand corner.
- Select TechSmith Knowmia from the options.
- When a dialog box appears, click Connect to TechSmith Knowmia.
- An area on your screen will appear for a QR code to be scanned.
Getting the QR Code to Scan:
- Login to Knowmia at https://athens.techsmithrelay.com
- In the upper left-hand corner of the screen, click on "Create" and select "Connect Mobile Device". This will display the QR Code to scan with your phone.
- The selected clip should automatically appear in your TechSmith library and you may get an email stating it has uploaded.
- Future videos will automatically publish to your library when you select TechSmith Knowmia in in the TechSmith Fuse app. You should not have to scan the QR code again.
Once your videos are in your Knowmia library, you can edit, trim, move them into folders, and download them as needed.