This article assumes that you have already completed the steps to log into the Faculty Attendance Tracker. If you have not logged into the tracker, please follow the steps found at the article titled Attendance Tracking for Faculty.
Distance Learning Courses DO NOT automatically populate expected attendance times from Banner since there are no scheduled face-to-face meetings by the university. Therefore, you can tell which courses fit this format by looking at the "Schedule" column in your course list. If none of the days of the week are highlighted in blue, then it is a Distance Learning course (see the image below).
If a course has days highlighted blue, you are dealing with a Traditional, Hybrid, or Blended course and need to follow the directions located here.
Once you have confirmed that you are taking roll in a Distance Learning Course, follow the below directions to complete attendance tracking for the course:
- Click on the "Take Roll" button associated with the course (see image below)
- Locate a student which you want to confirm has attended class. Select the circle associated with the student (see image below)
NOTE: For attendance tracking purposes, it does not matter which day you mark a student as attending as long as they are marked attending at least once in the course.
NOTE: If you have BOTH an "Expected Hours" and "Hours Attended" field in the Student Details panel on the right hand side of the screen, your course is a unique scenario where you will need to use the old Attendance Tracking: Distance Learning Courses instructions. Otherwise, continue with the instructions below.
- Once clicking the circle, three things should automatically occur. First, a green check mark should appear in the circle you clicked. Second, the "Hours Attended" in the student panel should automatically update to 00:01. Lastly, you should get a confirmation note at the top of the screen. If this happens, you are good to go. Move to the next step.
NOTE: If you accidentally mark a student as attending who has not shown up to class, simply click the green check mark again to remove it. If the green check mark is not in the circle, then the student is counted as absent.
- Repeat Steps 2-3 for each student.
NOTE: Some classes may have students that appear on more than one page. Locating these students can done by clicking through the various pages at the bottom left hand side of the screen (see image below).
- Once you have marked attendance for all students, click on the "Class" drop down menu located next to the date (see Step 1 on the image below). Then, click "Update CRN Last Date Attended" (see Step 2 on the image below). If you get a confirmation message to pop-up, then attendance has been saved correctly.
- Once completed with the attendance for one course, click on the back arrow (see image below) and repeat Steps 1-5 for each course.