The Standard 7 for Online Courses
- An organizing structure for designing and developing online courses
- Core course ingredients for consistent and efficient content access
- Shouldn't just be placed anywhere in the course site
- Should be explicitly displayed in the navigation
Here's what comprises the Standard 7:
- Start Here - Module providing a welcome and special instructions for the first week of class.
- Announcements - Where to post timely information, such as weekly info or special instructions. Most instructors set this as the landing page for the course.
- Syllabus - The place for basic info about the course, including learning objectives, course materials, assignments, policies, etc.
- Schedule - Shows due dates, meeting times, tests, and assignments.
- Lesson Modules- Content and materials for each lesson or module, such as lectures, textbook readings, discussion boards, etc.
- Assignments - Info about assignments, including instructions, rubrics, & submission links.
- Tests & Quizzes - Where students navigate to take assessments.
Download the pdf for more information.