Access Athens is a program that provides students in specific courses with digital textbooks and publisher courseware at a reduced rate.
For students to have access to the material, faculty need to add the appropriate links in their Blackboard course shell.
Digital Textbooks (Ebooks)
If your students will be using a digital textbook, you will need to add the Access Athens tool link to the Course Menu.
Adding Access Athens to the Course Menu
- Make sure Edit Mode is ON.
- Click the (plus sign) icon above the Course Menu.
- Select the Tool Link.
- Enter Access Athens in the Name field.
- From the Type drop-down list, select Access Athens.
- Select Available to Users.
- Click Submit.
Each publisher has a different integration in Blackboard for courseware. If you are using courseware, you will need to contact the publisher representative for assistance.
Criminal Justice, Economics, Psychology, & Social Work