- Make sure your computer meets the Minimum System Requirements.
- Download Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox.
If you are a new student, you will use the information supplied on your acceptance letter to log in to Banner Self-Service . You may not be able to log in until 24 hours after you have received your acceptance letter. Immediately upon logging in you will be asked to change your PIN.
Note: If you are returning to Athens State University, your PIN has not changed since you last accessed the system. If you cannot get in to Banner Self-Service/do not remember your PIN, please contact the Help Desk.
Once you are logged in to Banner Self-Service, you can discover your Student Email address and temporary password.
If 24 hours have passed since you received your acceptance letter, and you have logged in to Banner Self-Service to discover your email information you can use those credentials to log in to your email account for the first time.
You will be asked to supply authentication information which will only be used to help you gain access to your account in the event that you forget your password. You can also take this opportunity to install the Microsoft Office 365 suite on your computer. It is compatible with Windows and macOS.
- Now that you have access to your email account, you can log in to the myAthens Portal. If you have changed your PIN in Banner Self-Service today, you will need to use your previous PIN until tomorrow for this system.
- You may also attempt to log in to Degree Works for the first time. You can access it via Banner or through the myAthens Portal. If you have changed your PIN in Banner Self-Service today, you will need to use your previous PIN until tomorrow for this system.
- If you need to setup an appointment with your Student Success Coach, you can do this through the Navigate Student App. If you have trouble with the mobile app, please try the web-link. If you have changed your PIN in Banner Self-Service today, you will need to use your previous PIN until tomorrow for this system.
All three of the above services use the same login screen. If you are unable to log in and receive an authentication failed notice, you must clear your browser cache before trying again. Select your browser from this list for instructions.
- You will also want to access Canvas.
Note: If you are a new student for an upcoming semester, you will not be able access until the current semester has ended. Please review the Important Dates for semester start and end dates.
- Finally, make sure you have the Honorlock Extension installed in Google Chrome.
You may need to register for other accounts or services for different courses, but this will give you a good start.
Here’s a checklist to help you along your way:
☐Minimum System Requirements
☐Install Office (Microsoft 365)
☐Honorlock Chrome Extension