- Make sure your computer meets the Minimum System Requirements.
- Download Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox.
If you are a new student, you will use the information supplied on your Admissions Decision notice to login to MyAthens Portal.
Note: If you are returning to Athens State University, your password has not changed since you last accessed the system. If you cannot log in, please contact the Help Desk.
Review your Admissions Decision notice to discover your email information you can use those credentials to log in to your email account for the first time.
You will be asked to supply authentication information which will only be used to help you gain access to your account in the event that you forget your password. You can also take this opportunity to install the Microsoft Office 365 suite on your computer. It is compatible with Windows and macOS.
- You can also access Degree Works via MyAthens Portal.
- If you need to setup an appointment with your Student Success Coach, you can do this through the Navigate Student App. If you have trouble with the mobile app, please try the web-link.
All three of the above services use the same login screen. If you are unable to log in and receive an authentication failed notice, you must clear your browser cache before trying again. Select your browser from this list for instructions.
- You will also want to access Canvas.
Note: If you are a new student for an upcoming semester, you will not be able access Canvas until the current semester has ended. Please review the Important Dates for semester start and end dates.
- Finally, make sure you have the Honorlock Extension installed in Google Chrome.
You may need to register for other accounts or services for different courses, but this will give you a good start.
Here’s a checklist to help you along your way:
☐Minimum System Requirements
☐Install Office (Microsoft 365)
☐Honorlock Chrome Extension