Downloading and Installing Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Visio as well as Access, Project, and Publisher are only available for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Check that your PC meets the minimum system requirements.
- Open a web browser, and navigate to this linkhttps://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools
- Click the Sign In button
- Create an account or log-in using your Athens State University email credentials
Note: Microsoft Azure may prompt Identity Verification by phone, text or email (depending on your security settings.)
- Locate the Learning Resources section, and select the Software tab
- Search for Microsoft Visio or Visio Professional
- Select the item name or software link, and click the View Key button
Note: Write the Product Key on a notepad or Word document. You will use the product key later in the download and installation process
- Click the Download button to download the (.iso) file to your device
- Locate and right-click the (.iso) download file, and select the Mount option to open the file as a virtual disc
- Double-click the setup.exe application/file
The setup operation will begin. This may take a while.
Note: If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
- Your installation is finished when you see the following "You're all set! Visio is installed now" and an animations plays to show you where to find the Visio app on your computer
- Open the Microsoft Project application on your computer
- Enter the Product Key, and click Activate Office
- View the Microsoft Office License Agreement, and click Accept and start Visio