Downloading and installing Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project as well as Access, Publisher and Visio are only available for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Check that your PC meets the minimum system requirements.
- Open a web browser, and navigate to this link https://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools
- Click the Sign In button
- Create an account or log-in using your Athens State University email credentials
Note: Microsoft Azure may prompt Identity Verification by phone, text or email (depending on your security settings.)
- Locate the Learning Resources section, and select the Software tab
- Search for Microsoft Project, Project, or Project Professional 2019
- Select the item name or software link, and click the View Key button
Note: Write the Product Key on a notepad or Word document. You will use the product key later in the download and installation process
- Click the Download button to download the (.iso) file to your device
- Locate and right-click the (.iso) download file, and select the Mount option to open the file as a virtual disc
- Double-click the setup.exe application/file
The setup operation will begin. This may take a while.
Note: If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
- Your installation is finished when you see the following "You're all set! Project is installed now" and an animations plays to show you where to find the Project app on your computer
- Open the Microsoft Project application on your computer
- Enter the Product Key, and click Activate Office
- View the Microsoft Office License Agreement, and click Accept and start Project